Table of Contents
- CartThrob Backend Settings
- Building the front-end of your store
- Template Tags
- Beyond Template Tags: Understanding key features and concepts
- Quick Start Video Tutorials
- Configuration videos
- Getting Help
This is a non-exhaustive list of features available in CartThrob. If a feature isn’t a built in a component of CartThrob, chances are there’s another module, plugin, or method that will allow you to provide your required functionality. For more information, take a look at the addons page for more ideas.
- Support for donations.
- Support for configurable products.
- Support for free products.
- Supports downloadable and password protected purchases.
- Supports purchase of channel entries (good for advertising and classified ads).
- Works directly with ExpressionEngine’s (EE) template and channel system. Is not a module that must be managed separately.
- Email notification system. Our email notification system uses ExpressionEngine]ee’s template engine, so all of ExpressionEngine’s template tags are available to send custom HTML or plain text email notifications when orders are taken.
- Coupon system built in.
- Support for one-page checkout.
- Support for multi-page checkout.
- Support for AJAX updating of tax, shipping, quantities, and more.
- Ships with default templates and installation system to get you up and running fast.
- Multi-Site Manager compatible. (Please note: each site is Sandboxed, meaning all settings and products are unique to each site. There is no option to share carts or products across sites)
- Works seamlessly with common plugins and extensions. Works with popular FieldFrame and LG/NSM Extensions.
- Several common payment gateways and shipping plugins available including support for Authorize.net, SagePay, and PayPal Pro.
- Supports SSL encryption.
- Payment Gateway and Shipping Gateway plugin system. Our common API lets you build in support for almost any payment or shipping system.
- Development hooks are available. Integrate with other systems.
- Built in validation system for processing credit cards.
- Number formatting, calculations and rounding functions built in.
CartThrob Backend Settings and Overview
- Basic Configuration and Set-up
- Discounts & Promotions
- Member Settings
- Purchased Items
- Additional Settings Notes
Building the Front-end of Your Store
Beyond template tags: Understanding key features and concepts
- CartThrob Application flow This article describes how data gets into, and out of CartThrob, how the data is stored, and how calculations are made.
- Typical Cart Structure
- Price Modifiers & Item Options
- Price Fieldtypes
- Packages Fieldtype