URI Field from Page Module
Posted: 19 December 2010 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-12-19

I would like to create and edit entry with Page Module.

Using the page module, there are two custom fields in Page tab - Pages URI, Template.

But I don’t know this field name, moreover SafeCracker does support this or not.

Thanks

<input type="hidden" name="pages__pages_uri" value="/example/example/example/" /> 
 <
input type="hidden" name="pages__pages_template_id" value="16" /> 
[ Edited: 19 December 2010 02:13 PM by unolee ]

Posted: 20 December 2010 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

Currently, there’s no support for Pages URI. Moving to Feature Requests.

Posted: 20 December 2010 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-12-19

Well…. please support at next release.

Posted: 20 December 2010 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-12-19

How about structure? Does it work with structure?

Posted: 20 December 2010 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

I do not know specifically about Structure. If Structure supports regular SAEFs (which to my knowledge, Pages module does not), then most likely, yes.

Posted: 20 December 2010 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-12-19

Structure is not default addon and it cost.

I hope you support Pages’ Pages URI, Template in next release. ^^

Posted: 20 December 2010 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Absolute Heartthrob!
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10369
Joined  2008-09-29

To back up what Rob said… SafeCracker is a better method of handling what is normally handled by a Stand Alone Entry Form. SAEFs don’t work with the Pages module, so SafeCracker does not either, and in the near term will not. We currently have no plans to support the Pages module.

Similar to the Pages Module, Structure adds a new tab to handle its data entry on the backend, so this isn’t going to be something that’s supported either. Several modules like Structure and Tags that add CP tabs are out of the scope of what SafeCracker does. You can pretty much bet that if there’s a custom fieldtype, it’ll be supported by SafeCracker. If the functionality is added as a new CP tab, then it’s probably not supported.

It would be great to have the support for this stuff, but it’s just not a priority now.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2011 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-02-03

For whatever it’s worth I would love to see “support for this stuff” I am using Structure so this is something that I really would like to be supported. I am talking to the Structure guys as well though, there are other add-ons that create tabs and only more will come out in the future.

Posted: 24 February 2011 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-24

Another vote for support for structure.

I use structure a lot and have just built a site using structure and safecracker only to find that any edits done by users via the external forms are all cool other than the template_id is reset to “0” .. DOH. My bad for not checking compatibility etc but would love safecracker to work with structure .. I would be happy to pay/contribute/donate to get it sorted ?

Anyone got a solution for this ?

‹‹ MSM?      Secure action https ››