Issue when more than one SC is on a page
Posted: 01 January 2011 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-12-02

Hey guys/gals,

I’m running into a problem with Safecracker when there’s more than one instance of it on a page and I’m not sure if it’s because I’m running slightly old versions of EE + SC, or if I’m doing something wrong. I know I should upgrade everything, but it’s a lot of work to find out it wasn’t the reason for my issue.

Specifically, I’m running EE 2.1.1 and SC 1.0.0, and here’s the situation:

I have about five instances of SC on a single page, each one containing a specific entry_id parameter value. Here’s a screenshot:

â?¦you can see that one is entry_id=“24”, the next is “25”, and so on down the pageâ?¦

When I view the page in the browser, all instances show the data from the first instance. So, it’s as if all of them were set to entry_id=“24”, which, of course, is not the case as you can see in the above screenshot.

Here’s a screenshot of the rendered page where you can see both instances displaying the data from the first one:

Am I doing something wrong in my code, or is this definitely something that’ll fix itself if I upgrade EE + SC â?¦ or is it simply not possible?

Thanks, and happy New Year!

Posted: 01 January 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

Looks like this bug was fixed in version 1.0.1, which requires the latest EE version (2.1.3). If that doesn’t fix it for ya, let us know.

Posted: 02 January 2011 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-12-02

Awesome, I’ll upgrade ‘em both and let you know how it goes; thanks Rob!

Posted: 02 January 2011 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-12-02

Alrighty, this worked perfectly â?¦ I upgraded EE and SC and it all just started working as desired. Many thanks, again!