Edit-Form: No readout for field-content
Posted: 16 September 2010 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-08-30

ok, this one is a little difficult to describe! grin but I’ll give it a try:

I use a single template-file for several forms. there are 3 forms which get displayed via if-conditionals «if segment_xy == ‘’» â?¦Â so there is for example a template with three forms for Blu-Rays, DVDs and Downloads. All in one template-file. But displayed only if segment_3 == ‘blueray’, ‘dvd’ or ‘downloads’ â?¦Â I do use the forms not only to submit, but also to edit existing entries via exp:safecracker-paramter «entry_id=’{segment_4}’» â?¦

so if I browse to my domain.com/admin/movies/bluray â?¦Â or â?¦/dvd or â?¦/downloads the corresponding Submit-Forms (if segment_3 == ‘bluray’ -> the bluray-safecracker, if dvd -> the dvd-safecracker etc.) appears and if I add Entry-IDs to the end of the URL (-> on segment_4), the edit-functionality works just great â?¦Â for â?¦/bluray/IDXY, â?¦/dvd/IDXY and â?¦/downloads/IDXY â?¦Â just perfect!

BUT if I only display the submit-form (as mentioned above) and do not add the entry-id to use the form as a edit-form â?? just plain simple Submit-Form! â?? then only the first one, the bluray-form, works perfectly. on /dvd and /downloads the input-fields contain the ee-tags for their corresponding content â?¦Â like {dvd-prize} etc. instead of displaying nothing like on /bluray (where everything works perfectly)

If i change the order to first «if segment_3 == ‘dvd’» and after that bluray and downloads, only /dvd works perfectly and /bluray and /downloads failed â?¦Â so on the Submit-Form, only the first one works â?¦

the most strange thing about this is â?? in my opinion â?? that if i add a Entry-ID, all three forms works perfectly as Edit-Fields â?¦Â not only the ‘first’ one

any ideas!? hmmm

[ Edited: 16 September 2010 06:04 PM by Stefan Rechsteiner ]
 Signature 

best regards from the swiss alps
-stefan

LOVE SafeCracker! Helps me a lot while developing a EE2 recoding for http://www.macprime.ch

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

Can I see the site itself? If it’s not a publicly accessible URL you can PM me with it.

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-29

I’m not exactly sure why this is happening, it’s probably some sore of parse-order issue with your advanced if:elseif conditionals. Here’s what I’d do. Create a separate template for each of your safecracker entry forms, and then use an embed for each of them, ie:

{if:elseif segment_3 == 'ios'}
{embed
="site/.downloads-iphone"}
{
/if} 

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-08-30

ok, thx, I’ll try that â?¦
btw: the {field:custom_field} do also not phrase as Field-Inputs if I browse to the SUBMIT-Form (again: no problems on the edit-forms) (-> http://barrettnewton.com/forums/viewthread/850/)

Signature 

-stefan

LOVE SafeCracker! Helps me a lot while developing a EE2 recoding for http://www.macprime.ch

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-08-30

to embed the form does not help â?¦Â :-/ â?¦Â it’s still everything cluttered with EE-tags (like {dvd-prize}) etc. â?¦Â :-/ â?¦Â and the {field:custom_field} does also not render/phrase â?¦Â :-/

Signature 

-stefan

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-29

Hey Stefan, at this point I can’t help you much without some site access, CP & FTP. Can you provide? I can have this fixed today, if so.