How to tell if a field is required without the {custom_fields} loop?
Posted: 03 June 2011 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-03

Hi,

I have begun using SafeCracker for a multitude on member accessible forms, so that only selected fields are displayed (others are for admin purposes) and because the documentation states that the custom_fields loop is weak, I am not using the {custom_fields} loop but instead am using {field:field_name} and {fieldname} tags to display and populate my forms.

However I can not find in the documentation or forum how to tell if a field is required without using the custom_fields loop. I understand I can get the label: instructions: and error:(s) but as I understand it there is not a {required:field_name} tag.

Can anyone help?

If I have to rebuild my forms with the loop it will take a while hence why I’m asking here first.

Many Thanks,

Blatant (Danny)

Posted: 03 June 2011 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Absolute Heartthrob!
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10369
Joined  2008-09-29

There’s no tag to output whether or not a field is required. As we no longer own or support SafeCracker, you’ll need to put in a feature request with the new owners: Ellislabs (Makers of ExpressionEngine)

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2011 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-03

Thanks Chris,

Yes I’ll be raising the feature request there, I just wanted to ask the ‘guy that knows’ first before raising a feature request and finding the functionallity exists before going down the EllisLabs route. I’ll make sure further questions/requests go to EllisLabs smile

Many thanks for such a quick response though!

And kudos to you guys for an invaluable module smile