Standard EE file upload not working
Posted: 15 January 2011 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-05-19

Hi,

I’ve just purchased the Safecracker module, and love it!

However, I have one issue with one of the forms. I’m able to use the safecracker file field without any issues.. No problems yet anyway, although I did want to get the standard EE file field working for when I upload images as I like the image browser.

I’m using the latest build of EE (fresh install today) and latest Safecracker build as I’ve just bought it.

Choosing the image, or uploading the image via the standard EE field is fine. The image also shows in the thumbnail once chosen. However, once the form is submitted, the image field shows up in the database as:

“{filedir_}imagename.jpg”

So it seems to be missing out the “1”, or whatever filedir it is. In this case, it is 1.

Is this easily fixed?

Look forward to your responses! smile

Neal

Posted: 15 January 2011 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

Haven’t seen that one yet. Can you double (triple) check both the settings for that particular field AND the settings for the file upload destination?

Posted: 15 January 2011 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-29

Actually, I just did a test and came up with the same result. Likely a bug.

Posted: 16 January 2011 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-05-19

Cool! Well I can live without it for now as safecracker file seems awesome too!

Is it a bug on EE’s side or something to do with safecracker and easy to fix? I’m only asking as I wouldn’t mind having the option some day, but like I said, I’m in no rush. I love everything else about safecracker and think it’s way better than I thought it would be.

I was hesitant to upgrade to EE2 as I’ve had the license for a whil, just wasn’t sure… It was this addon along with the active record addon that you guys also make that did it for me! Now I’m just waiting for Cartthrob for EE2 to come out! :D

Posted: 16 January 2011 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-29

We’ll definitely fix it, probably in the next release.

Posted: 16 January 2011 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Joined  2010-05-19

Just downloaded your Json addon. Looks like it’s going to come in very handy somewhere. Not sure where yet, but know it’s going to make my life so much easier! smile

Anyway, thanks again and look forward to the next release smile