SafeCracker and Solspace Calendar
Posted: 08 November 2010 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-10-08

Some time ago there was a discussion on this forum about the inadequacies of EE2’s standard calendar widget for selecting dates.

Can anyone say whether Solspace’s new Calendar is compatible with SafeCracker? It has its own widget and is apparently compatible with EE’s standard SAEF.

http://www.solspace.com/software/detail/calendar/

Thanks

Posted: 08 November 2010 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

Hi Clifford, I haven’t used the new Calendar, so I can’t tell you absolutely for sure whether it will work. I can tell you this, though, Solspace recently updated their Tag module to work with EE2 SAEFs, and we can confirm that Tag works properly in SafeCracker. So, I’m assuming Calendar works, too. If it doesn’t, knowing that Calendar is a popular addon, we’d work with Solspace to make sure it worked. You can be our guinea pig if you want smile

Can anyone else report that they’ve SafeCracker+Calendar together successfully?

Posted: 13 November 2010 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-10-08

Thanks Rob

I also posted this on Solspace forum and got this reply:

Thatâ??s a good question. I really donâ??t think it will work because some of Calendarâ??s stuff requires processing thatâ??s done by the Calendar:Form tag.

You *could* try to fiddle and play with it and see if you can frankenstien it, but I donâ??t think it will work

Posted: 13 November 2010 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

Gotcha, I didn’t realize they use their own custom tag {exp:calendar:form} instead of just working with a regular SAEF. So I’m afraid for now at least it’s not going to work.