Strange status behaviour
Posted: 22 October 2010 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-10-22

Hi there, really bowled and blown over and away by this awesome addon!

But i noticed when i installed it, in the SafeCracker extension settings the default status options were all “—-” in the dropdowns, with no other options available.

Here’s a screengrab:

Well, i thought that was maybe the normal behaviour so i went about my business. But now a problem: in my front-end SafeCracker form, if i’m logged in just as a Member and i submit, the entry is saved but its status becomes “closed”. There’s nothing in the form at all about status. And weirdly, this doesn’t happen if i’m logged in as a SuperAdmin.

Any thoughts?

One other thing: I gave the Members group the relevant channel posting and assignment privileges, and also gave Members “module access privilege” to SafeCracker. This may be something to do with it?

(Oh, and my EE is v2.1.0 build 20100810)

[ Edited: 22 October 2010 04:01 AM by chichilatte ]

Posted: 22 October 2010 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Teen Scream
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-05-29

In your channels do you have Admin > Channel Administration > Channels > Edit Group Assignments > Status Group selected?

Posted: 22 October 2010 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-10-22

Ahh, thank you rob. I just found in the EE docs…
“If no Status Group is assigned then all entries made by a non-Superadmin will default to Closed.”

that’s it fixed!

Posted: 27 November 2010 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Wallflower
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-09-29

Thank you, you just helped me out as well—sometimes it is the simplest things we overlook!