CartThrob Global Item Options Version 1.11
CartThrob Global Item Options is an addon for CartThrob. Like other CartThrob addons, it must be uploaded and installed on your website, and CartThrob must be active for it to run. To use this addon, you will need to configure the settings, and you may also want to add the 2 field types to your products channels. The included field types will override your default settings as needed.
CartThrob Global Item Options lets you create price modifying item options that are automatically available to all products in your store. It also allows you to disable these option groups or individual options on a per-product basis. You can start with a global set of options, and remove any you don't need from items that are special cases. Global Item Options works with CartThrob's Price Modifiers system, so you can set price modifiers on a per-item basis and add other options globally. Outputting the options only requires CartThrob's item_options tag.
Settings allow you to create multiple sets of item options that can be applied globally, or to specific channels
Included CartThrob Item Options Select fieldtype allows you to override global settings, and apply specific items to certain products
Included CartThrob Item Options Group Select fieldtype allows you to override global field groups on a per-product basis
- ExpressionEngine 2.5+
- CartThrob 2.2+
- PHP 5.3+
- Upload the
- Make sure Extensions are enabled on your system
- Install the CartThrob Item Options module and extension (through EE's add-ons/modules panel)
- Install the CartThrob Global Item Groups Multi Select and CartThrob Global Item Options Multi Select fieldtypes (through EE's add-ons/fieldtypes panel)
- Upload the
/system/expressionengine/third_party/Overwriting existing files.
- Go to EE settings » addons » and click "Run Module Updates"
The main settings panel lists the available global item option groups.
Add/Edit Option Group
This is where you add global item options & set their prices
There are two different fieldtypes. One fieldtype allows you to set item options on a per-entry basis. The other field type allows you to set entire option groups on a per-item basis. Using these fieldtypes, you can override the global item options in case you have products where these options or groups do not apply.
Use CartThrob's standard item_options tag to output these global item options
- V1.1.2 Fixed issue where sites using EE Grid Fieldtype would either have problems with the Grid, or with Item options field types when both were in use/installed at the same time.